Quote of the Day: "What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade." ~Gertrude Jekyll
1. Goal of the Week - we'll work together in groups to do these and discuss them.
2. Juniors will look at this video:
Sophomores will do a socratic seminar on the first chapter of their US History AP book for the summer: "Lies My Teacher Told Me." They will annotate the text, ask and answer questions and read through the chapter in groups. We'll discuss as a big group at the end.
3. ALL - Plan tutor celebration on Tuesday. Cards?
Last day of Tutoring for the year!
View our end of the year AVID Video with the tutors.
FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE
Discuss final exam essays. Give the students time to organize their essays. They will do them in class for the final for a timed writing.
FINAL EXAM DAY:
We'll do our final exam timed writing essays over these choices:
1. AVID Summer Institute Speech (The What has AVID done for me speech)
2. Roadtrip Nation - Write about the experience and how it impacted you. What did you learn?
3. Life Goal. This is the AVID Life Goal Essay.
4. College Trip Essay - Students can pick a college trip from this year and write about the trip and what they learned.
Post a Comment