Tuesday - TUTORING
Wednesday (Sophomores) - Tutoring 1st half of the period.
2nd half of the period, discuss possible Essay questions for the final. Possible questions:
1) College Application Essay (About the person in your life who has influenced you the most)
2) Road Trip Nation (A lesson, interview, or the field trip that has influenced you)
3) College Field Trip Reflection
4) AVID Summer Institute Speech
Essay Prompts for the Students
5) Letter to a person at AHS that has influenced you thanking them for 3 specific things they have done to help you.Think about your experiences with the AVID program and how working with AVID students, tutors and peers may have helped you change and define your life. Answer at least two or three of the bulleted questions listed below.
- How is being an AVID teacher different from being a content-area teacher?
- How has AVID opened your eyes or empowered you?
- How have your students changed your belief systems and the way you view your role as a teacher?
- As an AVID teacher, what obstacles did you face and how did you overcome them?
- What is the most rewarding part of being an AVID teacher?
- How has participating in the AVID program enriched your life, whether because of your students, tutors or peers?
Students also worked in groups of 3 to prepare for their presentation to the class about Road Trip Nation. They will describe the 3 people they are targeting for their interviews and what 3 general questions they would ask each of them. We will present them on Friday, Monday, and Tuesday.
Juniors on Thursday:
and then we will present their College Projects (Videos and Power points about the college of their choice)
We will also discuss Final Essay questions for AVID.