1. Goal of the Week is due: 1 sentence that describes the goal. 1 sentence that explains how the student will accomplish the goal. Also a paragraph about last week's goal at the bottom.
2. Juniors - Will see video clip on MLA Formatting and Plagerism.
YouTube.com Video: Your Writing Not Someone Else's
Sophomores - Will go to the computer lab to sign up for Road Trip Nation.
3. Juniors will also look at Martin Luther King, Jr. as our subject of our ACR- AVID College Readiness writing assignment.
We will look at the "I have a Dream" speech and look at Campbell's Six Characteristics of Exceptional Leaders to find evidence of each characteristic.
We are working towards an in class writing assignment that will be a "Friendly Letter" from MLK written by the AVID student.
Watch the MLK "I have a Dream" Speech here
1. Goal of the Week
2. Plagiarism videos
3. First writing assignment, pass it out. Discuss Campbell and MLK and the assignment
4. Show the I have a dream speech video clip and then read out loud the I have a Dream Speech in class.
Use campbell and the i have a dream speech to determine which parts are showing which characteristic.
Write a sample friendly letter
1. Watch the I have a Dream speech
2. Have the students write quietly in class their "Friendly Letter from MLK."